Aston Villa are scheduled to play their final pre-season friendly against Manchester United at Villa Park on Saturday.
Dean Smith’s side have already played three friendlies in preparation for the new Premier League season. The Villans picked up a 1-1 draw at Bristol City last month before they managed to beat Wycombe Wanderers by a 5-2 scoreline at Villa Park.
Earlier last week, they made the trip to the Emirates Stadium to face Mikel Arteta’s Arsenal and were able to come up with a 3-2 victory, with teenager Jacob Ramsey starring with a brace.
Villa were originally scheduled to begin their campaign this weekend with an away trip to Manchester City, but the game was postponed due to the Cityzens’ participation in the Champions League quarter-final.
Hence, they don’t begin their top-flight season until a week on Monday against Sheffield United, but prior to that, they will visit Burton Albion for the second round of the League Cup on September 15.
Watkins has joined the club after netting 26 goals for Brentford in their run to the Championship play-off final last term and it will be interesting to see whether he can make his mark in the Premier League.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and Avfc.co.uk
- Aston Villa’s aggressive recruitment campaign – What to expect from Boubacar Kamara and Diego Carlos?
- Aston Villa Transfer News Latest – Rangers ‘wonderkid’ set to move to Villa Park
- Aston Villa vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Leicester City vs Aston Villa Preview & Latest Transfer Updates
- Aston Villa April 2022 Preview: Tottenham and Leicester to test Villa’s top-half credentials
- Steven Gerrard thrilled after Aston Villa eased past Brighton
- January Transfer Window Shows Aston Villa Mean Business This Season
- Luis Suarez Giving Serious Thought to Securing Summer Switch to Aston Villa
- Aston Villa on the verge of signing Lucas Digne
- Aston Villa set to sign Philippe Coutinho