West Ham have terminated the contract of Jack Wilshere through mutual consent earlier today.
The former Arsenal player has failed to live up to the expectations at the London club because of his injury problems and it will be interesting to see where he ends up.
As a free agent, he could be a decent signing for most Premier League clubs.
Aston Villa could look to take a chance on the former England international this summer. They have had a fantastic summer so far and their start to the season shows how much they have improved.
However, they could still use more depth in their central midfield. They are lacking a bit of craft in the middle of the park and Wilshere could be a handy option for them.
On a free transfer, it would be a gamble worth taking.
The midfielder is used to English football and he could make an immediate impact at Villa Park if he can stay fit.
Perhaps a pay-as-you-play contract could be ideal for both parties.
It remains to be seen which club is willing to take a chance on Wilshere this summer.
Despite his injury history, it could be a move with major potential upside.
- John McGinn opens up on Aston Villa’s start and his fitness
- Dean Smith comments on Ross Barkley’s long term future at Aston Villa
- Dean Smith confirms Tom Heaton could return next week
- Aston Villa manager Dean Smith heaps praise on Ross Barkley
- Gabriel Agbonlahor reacts to Pundit’s shock claim regarding Jack Grealish
- Jack Grealish hails Ross Barkley after his late goal in Aston Villa win
- Gabriel Agbonlahor questions Gareth Southgate’s treatment of Jack Grealish
- Ezri Konsa hails the team chemistry at Aston Villa
- Aston Villa held talks with Josh King regarding summer move
- Aston Villa handed the opportunity to move for Said Benrahma