West Ham have terminated the contract of Jack Wilshere through mutual consent earlier today.
The former Arsenal player has failed to live up to the expectations at the London club because of his injury problems and it will be interesting to see where he ends up.
As a free agent, he could be a decent signing for most Premier League clubs.
Aston Villa could look to take a chance on the former England international this summer. They have had a fantastic summer so far and their start to the season shows how much they have improved.
However, they could still use more depth in their central midfield. They are lacking a bit of craft in the middle of the park and Wilshere could be a handy option for them.
On a free transfer, it would be a gamble worth taking.
The midfielder is used to English football and he could make an immediate impact at Villa Park if he can stay fit.
Perhaps a pay-as-you-play contract could be ideal for both parties.
It remains to be seen which club is willing to take a chance on Wilshere this summer.
Despite his injury history, it could be a move with major potential upside.
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups