Aston Villa manager Dean Smith has heaped praise on summer signing Ross Barkley after his displays in the Premier League so far.
The 26 year old joined Aston Villa on a loan deal earlier this summer and he has been outstanding for his new club this season.
The attacking midfielder has scored two goals in his two appearances for Aston Villa so far and he will be hoping to build on his impressive start to life at Villa park.
Smith has claimed that Barkley has made a big impact at Aston Villa and he is a top player.
The Aston Villa manager also claimed that England manager Gareth Southgate will be keeping tabs on Barkley and he will be pleased to see the 26 year old finding his form with regular first team football at Aston Villa.
It will be interesting to see if Ross Barkley can force his way into Southgate’s plans for the England national team over the coming months.
There is no doubt that he is a talented player who is capable of succeeding at the highest level.
Barkley was not a key starter for Chelsea and he needed the loan move to regain his sharpness and confidence.
If he can continue to impress for Aston Villa they might even try to sign him permanently at the end of this season.
Given the number of options Chelsea have in their attack, a permanent move away from Stamford Bridge would probably be the best option for Ross Barkley in the long run.
He is yet to reach the peak of his career an Aston Villa could help him realize his potential over the next few seasons.
- Aston Villa’s Premier League match against Newcastle United postponed
- Ezri Konsa reacts to Aston Villa defeat against Brighton
- Dean Smith disappointed with VAR ruling against Brighton
- Ollie Watkins reflects on his start at Aston Villa this season
- Jack Grealish reacts to his man of the match award for England
- Cesc Fabregas heaps praise on Jack Grealish
- Roy Keane slams Tyrone Mings’ display for England
- Kevin Phillips urges Dean Smith to sign Ross Barkley permanently
- Jack Grealish reacts to comparisons with Mason Mount
- Frank Lampard sees a future for Ross Barkley at Chelsea