Aston Villa manager Dean Smith has heaped praise on summer signing Ross Barkley after his displays in the Premier League so far.
The 26 year old joined Aston Villa on a loan deal earlier this summer and he has been outstanding for his new club this season.
The attacking midfielder has scored two goals in his two appearances for Aston Villa so far and he will be hoping to build on his impressive start to life at Villa park.
Smith has claimed that Barkley has made a big impact at Aston Villa and he is a top player.
The Aston Villa manager also claimed that England manager Gareth Southgate will be keeping tabs on Barkley and he will be pleased to see the 26 year old finding his form with regular first team football at Aston Villa.
It will be interesting to see if Ross Barkley can force his way into Southgate’s plans for the England national team over the coming months.
There is no doubt that he is a talented player who is capable of succeeding at the highest level.
Barkley was not a key starter for Chelsea and he needed the loan move to regain his sharpness and confidence.
If he can continue to impress for Aston Villa they might even try to sign him permanently at the end of this season.
Given the number of options Chelsea have in their attack, a permanent move away from Stamford Bridge would probably be the best option for Ross Barkley in the long run.
He is yet to reach the peak of his career an Aston Villa could help him realize his potential over the next few seasons.
- Tyrone Mings: Villa defender subjected to racist abuse on social media
- Dean Smith praises Villa’s ‘super subs’ as Villa come back to beat Fulham
- Jack Grealish ‘back and raring to go’ ahead of Fulham on Sunday
- Why Grealish absence proves that Villa are still too reliant on their talisman
- Jack Grealish to miss out against Newcastle – injury latest
- Dean Smith criticizes ‘sloppy’ Villa players after Sheffield United defeat
- Aston Villa report ‘sickening’ racist abuse of youngster to the police
- Can Aston Villa finish in the top six this season?
- Dean Smith laments below average Villa but praises ‘fantastic’ Emiliano Martinez after goalless draw with Brighton
- Three Aston Villa players with a point to prove against Brighton