Aston Villa have held talks with the Bournemouth striker Joshua King regarding a summer move as per Football Insider.
The domestic transfer window closes tomorrow and it seems that the Premier League outfit are still looking to improve their attacking options.
Bournemouth have been relegated to the championship and the 28-year-old attacker is too good to play at that level. The likes of West Ham and Everton are keen on the player as well and it will be interesting to see where Josh King ends up eventually.
The versatile attacker can play in a number of roles and his arrival will give Dean Smith more tactical options and depth in the squad. King can operate as the striker or in the wide areas.
Furthermore, he can create chances as well as score goals.
The Norway international has one year left on his contract with the cherries and he could be signed for a reasonable fee this summer.
Aston Villa will have to do well to fend off the competition and secure his services before tomorrow’s deadline.
The likes of West Ham and Everton need to improve their attack as well and they will be determined to get their man.
- Aston Villa’s Premier League match against Newcastle United postponed
- Ezri Konsa reacts to Aston Villa defeat against Brighton
- Dean Smith disappointed with VAR ruling against Brighton
- Ollie Watkins reflects on his start at Aston Villa this season
- Jack Grealish reacts to his man of the match award for England
- Cesc Fabregas heaps praise on Jack Grealish
- Roy Keane slams Tyrone Mings’ display for England
- Kevin Phillips urges Dean Smith to sign Ross Barkley permanently
- Jack Grealish reacts to comparisons with Mason Mount
- Frank Lampard sees a future for Ross Barkley at Chelsea