Cameron Archer is reportedly close to joining Sheffield United from Aston Villa.
This is according to The Athletic’s David Ornstein who is reporting the clubs are expected to agree a fee worth around £18.5 million.
However, Villa would retain a buy-back option for the 21-year-old who has a medical scheduled at the Blades on Wednesday.
Crystal Palace and Leeds United are also credited with an interest in the player but it appears the South Yorkshire outfit have won the race.
Cameron is an academy graduate of Villa who progressed through its ranks to earn his competitive debut in 2019 at the age of 17.
He has made 14 appearances in all competitions for the Lions, registering four goals in the process.
The England Under-21 international spent last season on loan at Middlesbrough, posting 20 Championship appearances and scoring 11 goals. He also made a cameo appearance in their last match against Everton on Sunday.
However, the forward may have departed the Midlands outfit by the time Unai Emery’s side take on Burnley in their next Premier League fixture, which is available to watch through Aston Villa live streams.
The Lions fell to a disappointing 5-1 defeat at Newcastle United in their first game of their new league campaign.
But they bounced back emphatically in the following match, thrashing Everton 4-0 at Villa Park.
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Middlesbrough vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Lineups
- Preview: Manchester United vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Lineups
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups