Aston Villa were linked with a move for the Strasbourg defender Mohamed Simakan during the summer transfer window.
The French club were willing to sell the player for €20 million but his suitors refused to offer that kind of money.
According to latest reports from Calciomercato, Aston Villa could return for the defender when the transfer window reopens in January.
Apparently Milan, Lyon and Borussia Dortmund are keen on the defender as well and they could join the race for his services.
Aston Villa have an impressive defensive unit at their disposal and Simakan will only improve them.
It will be interesting to see if Aston Villa can fend off the competition and secure the young defender’s services in the coming months.
Dean Smith’s side have started the season really well and a couple of intelligent additions in January could take them to a whole new level.
Simakan needs to join a club where he can play regular first team football and Aston Villa might not be the ideal move for him right now. The likes of Cash, Konsa, Mings and Targett are likely to start ahead of him.
He is better off joining a club where he will be a guaranteed starter.
- Tyrone Mings: Villa defender subjected to racist abuse on social media
- Dean Smith praises Villa’s ‘super subs’ as Villa come back to beat Fulham
- Jack Grealish ‘back and raring to go’ ahead of Fulham on Sunday
- Why Grealish absence proves that Villa are still too reliant on their talisman
- Jack Grealish to miss out against Newcastle – injury latest
- Dean Smith criticizes ‘sloppy’ Villa players after Sheffield United defeat
- Aston Villa report ‘sickening’ racist abuse of youngster to the police
- Can Aston Villa finish in the top six this season?
- Dean Smith laments below average Villa but praises ‘fantastic’ Emiliano Martinez after goalless draw with Brighton
- Three Aston Villa players with a point to prove against Brighton