Aston Villa were linked with a move for the Strasbourg defender Mohamed Simakan during the summer transfer window.
The French club were willing to sell the player for €20 million but his suitors refused to offer that kind of money.
According to latest reports from Calciomercato, Aston Villa could return for the defender when the transfer window reopens in January.
Apparently Milan, Lyon and Borussia Dortmund are keen on the defender as well and they could join the race for his services.
Aston Villa have an impressive defensive unit at their disposal and Simakan will only improve them.
It will be interesting to see if Aston Villa can fend off the competition and secure the young defender’s services in the coming months.
Dean Smith’s side have started the season really well and a couple of intelligent additions in January could take them to a whole new level.
Simakan needs to join a club where he can play regular first team football and Aston Villa might not be the ideal move for him right now. The likes of Cash, Konsa, Mings and Targett are likely to start ahead of him.
He is better off joining a club where he will be a guaranteed starter.
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups