Aston Villa host Wolverhampton Wanderers this weekend hoping to keep their faint hopes of catching the runaway Championship leaders alive.
Villa head into the game four points behind second-placed Cardiff City and a further six adrift of Wolves, meaning Saturday’s game could make-or-break their chances of securing automatic promotion.
Cardiff host struggling Birmingham City earlier in the day and Villa boss Steve Bruce will be eager to stay in touch with the top two.
Villa have regained some momentum after successive wins over Sheffield Wednesday and Sunderland, but Wolves looked impressive at Leeds United on Wednesday and they will be a tough test for Bruce’s side.
Alan Hutton’s hamstring injury will probably keep him out for Villa, while Glenn Whelan is a fitness doubt after limping off in second half at Sunderland.
Josh Onomah will be hoping for a recall after missing out at the Stadium of Light and Jack Grealish is fit for selection.
Wolves will be boosted by the return of Ruben Neves who has completed his two match suspension, while Benik Afobe may start after impressing off the bench against Leeds.
Villa lost 2-0 at Molineux earlier in the season, but their form has improved significantly since then.
They haven’t beaten Wolves since a 3-2 Premier League success back in 2012, but they look a tempting bet to end that run this weekend.
Villa are priced at 9/4 to win the game, with Wolves on offer at 7/5. The draw is available at 11/5.
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Huge Test for Emery – Aston Villa Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer set to join Sheffield United in £18.5m deal
- Aston Villa in July: Four preseason fixtures as Emery aims for another excellent season
- Aston Villa make formal offer to sign Villarreal star Pau Torres
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups