Alan Hutton revealed to the Football Insider about what the players are saying about Martinez in the Villa dressing room.
Aston Villa signed Martinez in the summer from Arsenal and he has proved to be a brilliant signing for the Villans.
The 28-year-old has firmly established himself as Dean Smith’s first-choice keeper and has made 20 league appearances for Villa.
This season, only Ederson has kept more clean sheets than the Argentine goalkeeper.
Alan Hutton believes Martinez is the ‘perfect blend’ of character after speaking to his old teammates about the ‘keeper.
“Obviously I speak to the players and they say he’s very good in the team, he’s good to be around and things like that.
“From what I can tell, he’s just a very good personality, he likes a laugh and a joke and he doesn’t take himself too seriously but when it comes to time to work, he works and he works hard.
“I think that’s the perfect blend, he gets on with everybody. It’s not a case of: ‘Oh, I’ll go speak to my foreign teammates or whatever,’ he spends time with the whole group.
He’s kind of a free spirit if you want, he goes round and laughs and jokes with everybody. They’re the type of boys that you need in your squad.
“That’s what it pulls you forward in the difficult times so as far as I’m aware, he’s a great character within the squad.”
- Aston Villa vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Leicester City vs Aston Villa Preview & Latest Transfer Updates
- Aston Villa April 2022 Preview: Tottenham and Leicester to test Villa’s top-half credentials
- Steven Gerrard thrilled after Aston Villa eased past Brighton
- January Transfer Window Shows Aston Villa Mean Business This Season
- Luis Suarez Giving Serious Thought to Securing Summer Switch to Aston Villa
- Aston Villa on the verge of signing Lucas Digne
- Aston Villa set to sign Philippe Coutinho
- Aston Villa’s January Premier League Fixtures Preview
- Tyrone Mings: Villa defender subjected to racist abuse on social media