Former Aston Villa star Gabriel Agbonlahor believes that John McGinn will sign a blockbuster new contract with the club soon.
The former striker is a massive admirer of the 26-year-old Scottish midfielder and he is 100% certain that the player will sign a long term contract with the club.
He said: “Yeah, hundred percent. I think that’ll be done and dusted in due course.
“Even on Sunday, when it wasn’t going as well for Aston Villa in the first half, he was never hiding, he was getting on the ball, he was driving the team on.
“He’s like that unsung hero, John McGinn, doesn’t get enough praise for what he actually does.
“Watching live on Sunday, I noticed the way like he’s just everywhere – buying fouls, taking quick free kicks.
“He just wants to get the team on and he’s very talkative, which I didn’t think he was but he was watching live. A great player and someone that Villa need to tie up.”
McGinn has been outstanding for Aston Villa since his £3 million move from Hibernian in the summer of 2018.
There is no doubt that he is one of the best players at the club and Aston Villa should do everything in their power to keep him.
Recently Dean Smith also admitted that John McGinn might be in line for a new contract and it will be interesting to see if the Premier League side can get it sorted in the coming months.
Aston Villa fans will certainly be delighted to hear these comments from their former star and they will be hoping that the 26-year-old Scottish midfielder can commit his long term future to the club soon.
- Aston Villa’s Premier League match against Newcastle United postponed
- Ezri Konsa reacts to Aston Villa defeat against Brighton
- Dean Smith disappointed with VAR ruling against Brighton
- Ollie Watkins reflects on his start at Aston Villa this season
- Jack Grealish reacts to his man of the match award for England
- Cesc Fabregas heaps praise on Jack Grealish
- Roy Keane slams Tyrone Mings’ display for England
- Kevin Phillips urges Dean Smith to sign Ross Barkley permanently
- Jack Grealish reacts to comparisons with Mason Mount
- Frank Lampard sees a future for Ross Barkley at Chelsea