Former Aston Villa star Gabriel Agbonlahor believes that John McGinn will sign a blockbuster new contract with the club soon.
The former striker is a massive admirer of the 26-year-old Scottish midfielder and he is 100% certain that the player will sign a long term contract with the club.
He said: “Yeah, hundred percent. I think that’ll be done and dusted in due course.
“Even on Sunday, when it wasn’t going as well for Aston Villa in the first half, he was never hiding, he was getting on the ball, he was driving the team on.
“He’s like that unsung hero, John McGinn, doesn’t get enough praise for what he actually does.
“Watching live on Sunday, I noticed the way like he’s just everywhere – buying fouls, taking quick free kicks.
“He just wants to get the team on and he’s very talkative, which I didn’t think he was but he was watching live. A great player and someone that Villa need to tie up.”
McGinn has been outstanding for Aston Villa since his £3 million move from Hibernian in the summer of 2018.
There is no doubt that he is one of the best players at the club and Aston Villa should do everything in their power to keep him.
Recently Dean Smith also admitted that John McGinn might be in line for a new contract and it will be interesting to see if the Premier League side can get it sorted in the coming months.
Aston Villa fans will certainly be delighted to hear these comments from their former star and they will be hoping that the 26-year-old Scottish midfielder can commit his long term future to the club soon.
- Aston Villa vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Leicester City vs Aston Villa Preview & Latest Transfer Updates
- Aston Villa April 2022 Preview: Tottenham and Leicester to test Villa’s top-half credentials
- Steven Gerrard thrilled after Aston Villa eased past Brighton
- January Transfer Window Shows Aston Villa Mean Business This Season
- Luis Suarez Giving Serious Thought to Securing Summer Switch to Aston Villa
- Aston Villa on the verge of signing Lucas Digne
- Aston Villa set to sign Philippe Coutinho
- Aston Villa’s January Premier League Fixtures Preview
- Tyrone Mings: Villa defender subjected to racist abuse on social media